September 11, 2011

Repurposed Butter Tubs


So, I was sitting in my office/workroom doing
something completely different, when I looked up and saw my Land O Lakes light butter tubs.  I use them constantly, (and have many) for my scrapbooking treasures like cut-outs, silk and paper flowers, little odds and ends that I don't want to throw away, but  will use in some fashion....and on and on.  I'm sure that if you like to scrapbook, you'll love these little gems.  I thought, "what can I do with these, and how else can they be used"?  In my first attempt to jazz these up a little bit, I found myself lost in my sticker box.  What fun!  A little bit of spray paint (for plastic, Fushion by Krylon works great), some embellishments and voila!  A little place to store q-tips, cotton balls, coins, keys, or anything else you can think of!  They measure roughly 5.5" long, 3" wide and 2" deep.  The covers snap on securely, and if you don't put anything "raised" on the top, they stack and nest quite nicely.  My grandmother, who grew up in the great depression, was a whiz at  re-purposing things, from crocheting baskets with strips of bread bags to making rugs with scraps of wool.  She was truly "green" before being green became a choice. I'll be sharing more of her talents in later postings.

No comments:

Post a Comment